Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello, THURSDAY

As I was driving to work this morning, listening to David Bowie, I was feeling great and thinking of about twelve things that I needed to share with the world today.

None of which come to mind now.

This morning, as I was calming my bedhead at the bathroom sink, I observed Fhloston P. behaving as a Wild Animal. She was darting around frantically like she does when she either needs to, or has just pooped, except that today she also started leaping into the bathtub and licking herself for a brief moment before high-tailing it back to the living room again. The thing is, this cat is not a Great Jumper, and she had a hard time making it into the tub every time. So half the time she attempted the jump she ended up making a desperate scramble at the side of the tub, then deciding suddenly and urgently, mid-scramble, that she needed to run again, she would make a feline about-turn, ears flat against her head, and careen against the door jam on her way out.

11:05. I just remembered:
In Starbucks this morning, picking up my daily cup (as we have been lamentably out of coffee for about 2 weeks), the cashier, an older lady, maybe in her mid fourties, always friendly, asked me if I was a dancer. No, I laughed (the thought of me as a dancer, HAH!). She said, "Oh, it's just that you have such a beautiful...," and here she vaguely gestured at her own clavicle/neck/chin area. She may have also mentioned something about being tall, I can't remember. To which I also laughed, sightly uncomfortably, said, "Oh, thank you," and left immediately.

No comments: