Wednesday, April 1, 2009

twentyfour// special hummus edition

hummus.

WOW AM I SO ADDICTED TO THIS STUFF! It was Monday evening when I bought the Fresh & Easy "big hummus" which is none other than 16oz of pure chickpea garlic delight, and now it is Wednesday afternoon and I find myself missing about 9 1/2oz of it. That's right folks, in essentially a day I ate more than half the hummus. Right now I am contemplating eating it with a spoon, the flavor just GETS ME so.

Incidentally, I have a really intense canker sore between my gum and bottom lip that may or may not be related to the serious influx of salt and garlic that has come my way in the past 24 hours.

And apparently this guy really likes hummus too:
because he made some all by himself. Guess where I found this out. That's right, Google image. Just type in "fresh & easy" hummus, and what you will not find is a picture of the "big hummus" that I have been consuming. What you will find is about 4 pages worth of pictures documenting Ben's hummus preparation.

Which reminds me, my mother, the health nut that she once was, used to make hummus in our village out of chickpeas and not much else. It was distinctively thick and grainy, impossible to spread and unmistakably made of chickpeas. Hence the reason I only started appreciating hummus about a year ago. But let me assure you, since then I've made up for lost time.

Let me also assure you that I am not eating it with a spoon right now. I know you've been thinking about that with disdain and revulsion ever since paragraph one. Stop judging. It never happened.


(unless you count the fork that I used last night)

No comments: