Monday, March 2, 2009

eleven//

I have an embarrassing admission.

Regretfully, I cannot remember a time I wasn't watching the Bachelor. As in, tonight the sneaky show lasted for THREE AND A HALF HOURS. All I wanted was for my curiosity to be abated by finding out which girl he would choose, and I believe it took 27 commercial breaks for that to happen. Commercial breaks in which we were subjected to propaganda on terrible things like Vagisil. Yes, Vagisil. Come on, shudder with me about that frightful experience. And yes, it was undeniably one I could have avoided and terminated at any moment by standing up and turning off the TV. But I'm curious like a cat and stubborn like a mule:



















(Side note: this is not a picture of a catmule, but it does deserve some attention. Being a faithful fan of Google Image search, I just now searched "cat mule." This picture came up thirteen times on the first page with various captions that can be reduced to these four:
"... then the mule picked up the cat ...,"
"... the mule again picked up the cat ...,"
"The mule stomped the cat then pinned ..."
"Yes the Mule, killed the mountain ...,"
From these I deduced that the image pictures both a mule and a mountain lion, and that the mule picked up the cat two times before proceeding to stomp, pin and kill it. Astounding.)


Anyway. All that to say that I can be idiotic when it comes to television and it's a good thing our antenna barely works or I might be tempted to watch much more than I do. Or maybe the Vagisil commercial tonight saved me from a future of television watching, as I will ALWAYS live in fear of seeing it again.

No comments: